Monday, May 17, 2010

Tofurkey?

A miracle has occurred. And in less than a week. My hubby who was supportive, but nervous has now completely committed himself. It happened like this. We were eating dinner and talking about how yummy it was and how yummy the food had been all week. My husband brought up Thanksgiving. Now, we have already been trying to eat more locally and we have a friend that raises turkeys. We got on the list last summer for next Thanksgiving. He suggested I call her and cancel the turkey. There was just no need to have it and feel bad afterwards when there was so many delicious things we could have and be thankful for. I can't express how happy I was. I spoke to my friend yesterday and made someone on the waiting list very happy. Too bad I can't save the turkey. We may adopt one this year though. My kids were thrilled too.

0 comments:

Food Journal

 

My Kind Diet Journey | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates